Water is an essential element in the body as it constitutes 60% of our body, as it is important in preserving all body systems and tissues. Water enters in the formation of most systems, such as the brain, bones, muscles, and blood. Water is important in carrying out various metabolic processes. Water helps in maintaining levels of Energy, body temperature, breathing, prevention of constipation, gastritis, heartburn and kidney stones, and it has a very important role in skin care, the body loses water and fluid stored through breathing, urine, feces and sweat, so the deficiency must be compensated by drinking sufficient quantities of water per day, Among the benefits of water for humans Lightening of purification and supply of the skin and skin and prevent wrinkles and lines.
Benefits of water for the skin
Water has an important role in maintaining the health of the body and skin. Having all of the water every day is an important matter. People who drink sufficient quantities of water every day enjoy good health and tight skin and drink at least 8 cups of water per day, and water is important for skin and skin, The skin consists of many cells that need water to carry out their vital operations, as it is advised that anyone who wants to be in good health and gets fresh flowering skin without any dark circles drink enough quantities of water not less than 8 cups for adults, and the benefits of water for the skin:
- Moisturizes the skin and makes it smoother: Water protects the skin from many skin problems. A study was conducted on 80 men and women to see the effect of drinking water on the skin, and it was found that there was an improvement in the smoothness and moisture of the skin.
- It removes toxins: Water works to remove toxins from either the skin or the body’s cells. It also works to get rid of dead skin cells because it contains important nutrients for the skin and body cells in addition to carrying the important oxygen to the skin tissue and cells.
- Moisturizing eyes and nose: Drinking water helps moisturize and lubricate the sensitive area around the eyes and nose and makes it brighter.
- Reduces wrinkles: Not drinking enough water exposes the skin to dryness and disruptions and increases the appearance of wrinkles, so it is advised to drink water to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Benefits of water for the body
In addition to the benefits of water for the skin, water plays an important and vital role in maintaining the health of the body, which is essential in the process of digestion, absorption of nutrients and elimination of toxins, and it is also important for skin and skin health, a person needs to drink water so that the body works properly throughout the day and during sleep, Among the benefits of water for the body also:
- Reduces weight.
- Helps reduce alcohol consumption.
- Treats kidney stones.
- Reduces constipation.
- Treats headache.
- It positively affects brain function.
- Increases physical activity.
- It gets rid of body toxins.
- Prevents osteoporosis.
Factors that increase the body’s need for water?
Water is always important to the body, and the body needs it every day even if a person does not feel thirsty. Without water, the body is unable to perform its vital operations as it should, as mentioned earlier about the benefits of water for the skin and its importance in purifying and filtering the skin, you must know the factors that the body needs water Among the most important factors that should increase the drinking of water in it:
- Playing sports.
- Hot or humid weather.
- Having a fever.
- Diarrhea or vomiting.
- Urinary tract stones.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Tips to avoid dehydration
Every person during the day should drink enough water to obtain the greatest health benefit, whether for the members of the body or the skin. One of the most important benefits of water for the skin as mentioned earlier is preventing wrinkles and lines, getting rid of dark circles and purifying the skin from toxins, so you must drink enough water to achieve these The results, and some tips that can be followed to prevent dehydration in the body and skin:
- Drink enough water.
- Obtaining water from other liquids, such as natural juices.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol-containing drinks, as it works by producing diuresis.
- Avoid sugary drinks that gain weight and cause infections and may cause diabetes.
- Drink fluids gradually throughout the day.
- Obtaining water from liquid-rich foods such as fruits and salads.
The recommended amount of water
Water needs differ from one person to another based on several factors such as physical activity and the climate in which they live and the amount of sweat that is lost. For women, if they are pregnant or breastfeeding, water can be obtained from the fluids in the food, but it reaches only 20% of the daily requirement. Take the rest by water, juices, and other liquids. There is no specific percentage or amount of water for all people. However, the American Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of America recommends that drinking water be no less than the following proportions:
- Men: 13 cups of water a day.
- Women: 9 cups of water per day.
Liquids in vegetables and fruits are counted within the amount, but 80% is taken directly from the water and the rest through food, but water is the best source for obtaining pure fluids that benefit the body and its tissues and to achieve the best benefits of water for the skin because it is free of calories and does not contain caffeine and alcohol .
Sources of obtaining liquids from food
Drinking water, whether from tap or bottles and bottles, is the best source of fluids in the body to gain the best benefit from the water benefits for the skin and body, but a percentage of water can be obtained through foods that contain a percentage of water, but foods that contain alcohol and caffeine, such as soft drinks, should be avoided Beer, and coffee, because it is a diuretic, that is, it increases fluid loss from the body and from foods that contain water:
- the milk.
- the soup.