Molasses is defined as a sweet, sticky substance that relies to its viscosity on the substance used as a source for its extraction. It comes in three forms: light, dark, and black. A large number of vitamins, the most important of which are B vitamins of all kinds in addition to being considered as a source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, iron, phosphorus and sodium. As an alternative to a healthy loyalty to many sugar so rich in antioxidants which protects the health of the body from the negative impact of the free roots resulting from metabolic processes, and the benefits of molasses dates for the face that prevents damage to the skin cells resulting from the interactions of these free radicals.
The benefits of date molasses for the face
Dates contain a high percentage of anti-oxidants, such as carotenoids, flavonoids and phenol acid, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which makes the molasses extracted from it distinguished by its benefits on the body and skin as an enhancer of their freshness and a solution to some of their health problems.
- Fighting acne, because it contains lactic chickpeas, which reduces the effect of acne by reducing the effect of free radicals resulting from metabolic processes on the skin cells.
- It speeds up wound healing, as it has been proven to use on wounds and skin burns because of its effect in promoting healthy tissue development and wound healing of its richness with natural minerals and compounds.
- Reducing irritation and inflammation caused by acne because of its richness in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances such as carotene and flavonoids.
- Maintaining the elasticity and freshness of the skin, due to its richness in several vitamins characterized by its effectiveness in the skin in several areas such as vitamin C and vitamin D
- Anti-aging, reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the face and maintains skin elasticity.
How to make dates molasses at home
It is important to make sure to get the date molasses extract from reliable places of purchase, and it is also possible to make date molasses or date extract in a natural way at home to get the unique benefits of date molasses to combat acne, eczema and rosacea and maintain skin elasticity, and this can be done through:
- Soak the dates in hot water until soft and smooth to the touch.
- Keeping the soaking liquid important for later use in the mixture.
- Add the marinated dates with the right amount of water left from soaking in the mixer, and mix them well to get a smooth consistency.
- It can be used on the skin by diluting 1-2 tablespoons of molasses in warm water and waiting for it to cool down. Then, it is applied to the skin as a mask for five minutes and rinsed with water well.
The resulting mixture can be used as a healthy and nutritious alternative to sugar in cooking and preparing different desserts, as it gives a sweet and distinct taste when added to food.