Goldfinch is one of the most common and widespread species of birds, and it is characterized by its very beautiful voice, charming view and bright colors, which prompted many people to put it in cages and raise it in their homes to enjoy its birds and its beautiful scenery. Europe, and people raise him a lot to sell in cages in large numbers.
The difference between male and female goldfinch
To distinguish between male and female goldfinch, there are many phoneme and formal signs, the following are the most important of them:
- Male Hassoun is very similar to the female in terms of the external appearance, as the shape of the male is similar to that of the female, and their sizes are similar.
- There are several ways in which a male goldfinch can be distinguished from a female, and it is one of the important things that all goldfinch fans seek to know, because when they buy this bird, they buy it to enjoy its beautiful voice, and the difference in sex gives a big difference, because the goldfinch never tweet.
- Male Hassoun is distinguished by the fact that his tweet lasts for long hours of the day, as his beautiful voice sounds most of the time without stopping, unlike the female, who has been silent most of her time and never tweets except in very rare cases.
- Male goldfinch is distinguished as singing and singing with the lock, and it is the only bird that has this advantage due to its high level of male sex hormone.
- There are also formal differences between the male and the female, as the male’s head is larger than the female’s head, just as the male’s head is circular, while the female’s head is elongated.
- The color of the feathers at the front of the male face is in bright red color, and its feathers extend to the bottom of the beak and behind the eyes, but for the female, the color of the feathers is light red, and its extension is limited to the borders of the eyes and is intensively below the beak.
- The eyes of the male are located in the middle of his head in a circular fashion, while the eyes of the female are curly.
- Among the differences between male and female goldfinch, the male has a dark black mustache, and female mustache is gray.
- The male’s beak is taller than the female beak, and its head is tilted downward, while the female beak is short and wide.
- On the top of the male head there are feathers in black, while the female has feathers in a blackish-brown color.
- The male’s wing is taller than the female’s wing, and the male’s wing color is black, while the female wing’s color is greenish-brown or dark brown.
- The male is active in motion, and moves frequently, while the female tends to calm and little movement.
- In rare cases, the male shape is very similar to the female and it is difficult to distinguish between them by looking only.